Why Your Shredding Company Needs the AAA NAID Certification
As a professional paper shredding and information destruction company, Shred One has an obligation to maintain outstanding information security practices at all levels of our business. This commitment to protecting the privacy and information security of our clients is verified by our NAID certification.
Here are some of the reasons that those searching for an information destruction services partner should always choose a AAA NAID Certified shredding company.
What is the NAID?
The National Association for Information Destruction (NAID) is an international trade association for information destruction companies. With the goal of promoting secure and ethical business practices across the shredding industry, NAID offers a rigorous AAA Certification program allowing shredding companies to demonstrate their commitment to top-tier data security standards.
A requirement for hundreds of government offices and thousands of private contracts, NAID certification is overseen by a review board comprised of both industry veterans and current accredited professionals. The service is also recognized by leading accreditation programs such as the International Association of IT Asset Managers and the Sustainable Electronic Recycling Institute (SERI).
Why is AAA NAID Certification Important for Shredding Customers?
Those companies who become AAA certified must adhere to a strict code of ethics and stringent standard operating procedures. Providers must have written policies and procedures regarding all facets of the information collection and destruction process as well as incidence response preparedness and employee training. All member companies must also submit to both scheduled and random security audits to ensure continual compliance with NAID requirements.
In short, the AAA NAID Certification provides these guarantees to customers:
- The company will be regularly audited, including scheduled AND random unannounced security audits.
- The company's staffing practices will be overseen by a board of industry leaders who continuously scrutinize things like employee background checks and drug screenings, training, drivers licensing, regulatory compliance, security practices and confidentiality agreements.
- The company is aligned with all proper regulations, including HIPAA, FACTA, GLBA, etc.
- The company has all proper insurance coverages, including general liability insurance (aggregate or umbrella) of at least $2,000,000.
- The company will train and test all access employees annually on policies and procedures in order to ensure that best practices are followed in maintaining security protections.
- The company has pledged to uphold a strong code of ethics, including promises to always be honest and truthful, to uphold the integrity of the industry, and to always price services accurately.
Contact Shred One
For more information on why the AAA certification is a crucial aspect of any shredding business, email us or call (800) 910-4405. If you're searching for a professional shredding partner, we can also provide a free risk assessment and an estimate for our document security services.